I am excited to say that I have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award! I want to first give a huge thank you to Stay-In-Bed Mom for the nomination! Please check out her Blog, she is a great new Blogger with a great point of view for moms and dads who stay at home to raise their littles, and her truth-bared method of writing is refreshing and honest among all the other Mom blogs.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them – Thank you again to Stay-In-Bed Mom!
- Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers and ask them new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it on one of their own posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
My Questions from Stay-In-Bed Mom:
- What’s under your bed? Random socks, an empty Coke bottle, and something way in the middle where I can’t reach that may or may not be an old pacifier.
- What color is your soul? Explain. Hmm.. interesting question. I was told once by a Shamanic Healer that my spirit/soul was a deep magenta, the color of Gerbera Daisys. She told me that I had been created to be a psychic sponge who’s purpose was to absorb negative energy from others. This, of course, was causing me to have my own issues, which is why I went to see her. She cleared away all that spiritual crud and said that when she finally got to “me,” I shined like a magenta daisy.
- Which Disney princess or prince are you and why? My husband gave me the answer to this one. He said I’m most like Cinderella, because 99% of my life is cooking, cleaning and caring for everyone else. On the one night I get to dress up, go out and have a good time I have to be home by midnight, when the babysitter needs to leave. (I would’ve answered I’m most like Maleficent. She was a princess, right?).
- What’s the best life lesson your mom or dad (or parent figure) ever taught you? My Dad always told me prepare for the worst and hope for the best. And that I shouldn’t listen to my mother.
- How do you take your coffee? What do you think that says about you as a parent or as a person? Cold, re-heated at least twice and several hours post-brewing. I think how that relates to my parenting is pretty self-explanatory.
- What does your dream “stay in bed” bedroom look like for relaxing and unwinding? This is an easy answer. Black walls, ceiling and carpet (I for real had a bedroom like this in the 90’s- it was amazing). A large bed, warm blankets and no children in bed with me. Oh, and a mug of hot coffee.
- What’s your favorite TV show to watch in bed and why? Ancient Aliens, because it’s awesome.
- What was the last book you read? How many stars (out of five) would you give it? Ill Will by Dan Choan. I would give it 3 stars… good, but predictable by turn two as far as whodunnit.
- What’s your child’s favorite picture book? If you’re not a parent, what was your favorite storybook as a child? Me to my 4 year old- “What is your favorite picture book?” 4 year old- “My favorite is ice cream.” There you go.
- Which one of your blog posts are you most proud of and why? I think I am most proud of How Not To Suck (As Much). It was a post I wrote after not writing anything for about a month. I really took a good look at myself and had the guts to write about it without covering it with sprinkles and fluff.
- What’s the best piece of advice someone gave you for how to get more blog followers (and keep them)? The best advice I found was to put yourself out there and connect with other bloggers. That’s one reason I love this WordPress community; there is so much support and respect from other bloggers, and people seem to really care about promoting other writers’ work.
My Nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award:
I am breaking the rules a little here… Since I was just nominated recently, and I nominated other bloggers on that award, I am nominating the above bloggers who write the most recent blogs I am following. Congratulations, and remember to nominate bloggers you think are deserving as well!
My Questions for My Nominees:
I was nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award last week for my blog posts on Pointless.Overthinking. I’m recycling my questions from that post, listed below.
- If you got a “Do-Over” card for any event in your life, would you use it?
- What do you think is more likely for an Armageddon scenario- Nuclear Disaster, Zombie Outbreak or Worldwide Plague?
- Follow up to Question 2- What 3 things do you grab when you hear that your chosen scenario has happened?
- What is your favorite thing about the decade that defines your generation? (i.e., 90’s for Gen X)
- Why did you begin blogging?
- What do you think is the best thing about being an adult?
- What do you think is the biggest disappointment about being an adult?
- Favorite 80’s cult classic movie?
- Your favorite reading genre and author?
- What is the most important life lesson you want to share with your children? (or dog, cat or other pet of choice)